Familiarizing staff and individuals with wildlife likely to be encountered in various regions, Animal Ark's Wildlife Awareness Courses can be tailored to your staffs needs and location.
The course is quite practical with many live specimens available to see, and some friendly snakes and lizards that can be held. No one need feel at all apprehensive about attending. We try to make it fun but informative and no one is forced in any way to have contact with any creature.
We can adapt this course to your particular location and requirements.
Come to us, or we can come to you.
This reassuring and informative course comprises:
- Tailored introduction for your particular region / working environment.
- Facts Figures and Statistics relating to Australian Hazardous Wildlife.
- The Fear Factor + legal responsibilities.
- Close up look at some nasties.
- Reptile behaviour and understanding snakes.
- Site awareness.
- Bite Sign and Symptoms + First Aid - Patient immobilization and pressure bandaging.
- Meet and Great Friendly Reptiles and Amphibians.
- PHOTO Opportunities.
- No prior experience required - suits any age/educational background.
- General course length - 2 hours.
- Up to 20 per course.
Animals that visit may include:
- Tiger Snake
- Death Adder
- Mulga - King brown snake
- Black Headed Python
- Woma Pythons
- Stimson's Pythons
- Bob Tail Lizard
- Northern Blue Tongued Skinks
- Northern Green Tree Frogs
- Red back spider
- Huntsman spider
Contact us for a quote
Please see our Terms and Conditions for all training courses.
See our Events Diary for scheduled public sessions.
- ANIMAL ARK is a Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW) approved and licenced training course provider.
- Regular Perth-based training.
- Can travel to you.
- Student discounts available.
- Trainer David Manning is an experienced, well-respected herpetologist, author and general professional naturalist. As an educator (Cert IV TAE) he is engaging and effective with people of all ages and abilities.
Apache Energy Ltd
Department of Sport & Recreation